DOG IN THE BLOCK. SEE HOW TO PROVIDE YOUR PUPIL WITH COMFORTABLE CONDITIONS
Sometimes there is a fear that the dog in a small apartment will not be happy. However, is a house with a garden really a necessary condition to have a four-legged friend with you? None of these things! Check how to provide your pet with comfortable conditions while living in a block of flats.
- Living in a block of flats and having a dog
- Dog breeds that are easier to adapt to life in the block
- Arrangement of space for a quadruped in a block of flats
- Own lair – an important aspect of feeling safe
- Entertainment for the dog living in the block during the absence of the guardian
- Dog accessories from Rexproduct
Living in a block of flats and having a dog
Let’s start with the fact that every dog needs, above all, a conscious, loving caregiver. He also needs his own place in the house and a few additional accessories. As for the size of the apartment itself, this aspect is important mainly for the comfort of the household members. The garden is also not necessary – it is not enough for the pooch to run out properly. Paradoxically, it is often the quadrupeds living in blocks of flats that are provided with a greater dose of exercise every day.
So the key is not so much where you live as whether you are able to meet all the needs of your furry friend. If you decide to choose a purebred dog, find out which breeds will find it easier in a small space.
Dog breeds that are easier to adapt to life in the block
Theoretically, small breeds with a calm disposition seem to be the best for the block:
- French Bulldog, which is rather a couch-potato by nature and does not need a very large dose of exercise.
- Shorthaired fox terrier and spaniel – they feel comfortable in a cozy apartment, as long as they have longer walks.
- Dachshund – yes, but only for an apartment on the ground floor or in a building with an elevator. Dachshunds should avoid frequent climbing of stairs due to the risk of degenerative changes in the spine.
Of course, you don’t have to limit yourself to small dogs only. Labrador, Golden Retriever, Bordeaux Dog and Scottish Sheepdog adapt well to the block. They are also naturally calm and barely bark. Before you make up your mind, learn more about the different breeds’ needs and choose your dog to suit your lifestyle.
Arrangement of space for a quadruped in a block of flats
Before your four-legged roommate arrives, try to secure floors and cables as much as possible, remove potted plants and dangerous items. Also, look for a place for a dog’s lair in the apartment. Each dog needs its own space with a comfortable bed. It should be a quiet, peaceful place, but not isolated from the rest of the household. Dogs love to be where they live and keep an eye on their surroundings.
Own lair – an important aspect of feeling safe
A great alternative to the classic open den is the PEThome dog kennel. It is a fantastic canine shelter, which in stressful situations can even have therapeutic properties. A place where your dog can rest in peace or simply hide. A built-up booth will give him a sense of security and help to calm down. It will also perfectly satisfy the need for your own space.
The PEThome booth consists of two integral elements: a spatial frame and a colorful pillow inside, which serves as a comfortable bed. The whole thing is:
- light and mobile – you can easily move it to the terrace, garden or take it with you on vacation. We have designed it so that, if necessary, it can be quickly folded, moved and unfolded again,
- ecological – both the kennel and the bedding are made of 100% recycled plastic PET bottles,
- safe for your dog – at Rexproduct we sew from Oeko-Tex® certified materials that are free from harmful and allergenic substances.
We have doghouses made of PEThome material in two shades of light and dark gray, and cushions in 10 colors. See and choose your favorite!
Entertainment for the dog living in the block during the absence of the guardian
Every dog needs the right amount of exercise. Otherwise, he won’t even feel comfortable in a big house. After a good run he is much calmer in the apartment afterwards. Walking is the perfect time to play and learn. However, think about pet toys when everyone is away from home. Thanks to this, the pooch will have something to do, and you will avoid surprises in the form of chewed shoes or other home accessories.
Dog accessories from Rexproduct
In our online store you can order ecological kennels, lairs, dog toys and more! All accessories are made of environmentally friendly materials that are completely safe for animals. Check the offer and complete a layette with us for your four-legged friend!